NSI Group Ltd has a job opportunity for a Manufacturing Process Engineer who can effectively lead plant process improvement initiatives for our manufacturing facility in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. The Manufacturing Process Engineer will provide hands-on technical support, project management and process improvement leadership so that we meet our minimum manufacturing goals and we continuously improve upon best practice in safety, quality, cost, and effectiveness.
As the Manufacturing Process Engineer you will work under the direction of the senior management team and provide timely feedback based upon common objectives formulated in a road map. Key objectives will be outlined and monitored for successful conclusions.
Key Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Process Engineer:
– Serve as Project leader of medium to large scope projects including cost reduction, new product development, and process improvement. (APQP Driven)
– As an owner of the business investigate improvement opportunities and initiate critical manufacturing process improvement projects with constant feedback to the senior management team.
– Assist with and at times lead Quality investigations to determine the root cause of process failures related to material usage or process control. Work closely with the Quality department to make sure all processes meet the customer requirements in regard to quality objectives and measures.
– Provide technical expertise and leadership in applying process improvement tools such as Lean, six sigma, design of experiments and statistical process control and use these tools to identify and improve plant performance.
– Continuously coach the production operators in the use of process control techniques, methodologies, and equipment capabilities.
– Support plant safety process by actively participating in safety audits and risk assessments.
Required Qualifications for the Manufacturing Process Engineer:
– Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university.
– At least 2 years of prior technical experience in a manufacturing environment.
– Strong communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills are required.
– Team player with proven ability to execute in all phases of projects.
– Well developed computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Project.
– Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean and/or other process improvement methodologies